2012年5月4日金曜日

Can I use two video cards in the same computer and output video on both?

Before I get a second video card... I need to know if this is possible. I am pretty sure it is... already using a pci-e card, and I am looking to get a pci card so I can use more monitors. I have 4 monitors, but can currently only use 2 of them (only one video card with two outputs).



Anyone using two cards? NOT the expensive SLI system?|||Yes, you can use 2 cards independently of each other without using SLI. SLI is strictly for improving performance using multiple GPU's for 1-2 monitors on the primary GPU (the second GPU would have nothing but the other video card plugged into it).|||Yes you can, but you may have compatibility issues. Not all video cards, drivers or motherboards play nice together. I would stick to the same chip type, nvidia or ati for both cards. It reduces the chance of issues of driver conflicts.



You may need to replace your power supply if it is not up to the task.



Another issue I believe you need to be running either Vista or Seven to accomplish this. XP in my experience does not like doing this.



Todd



BTW I am running a Nvidia 560ti and a 220 on my system right now.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿