2012年4月27日金曜日

Does my Video Card on my laptop support digital signal output?

I want to buy a vga to hdmi cable so i can hook up my laptop to my hdtv. The laptop has the VGA output whilst the tv has the HDMI output. I found a cable on eBay which can connect both together however one thing the seller told me to note was...

"Your Video card must support digital signal output through VGA port function"

I found out what my video card is: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, and so tried to do some research into whether it supports digital signal output but am unable to identify whether it does or doesnt.



Please can someone help me find out?



I have fouund this webpage which has info about the card but still couldnt figure it out



http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-Xpress-200M.2175.0.html|||Even if you got a convertor cable; it will still be in VGA format, not HDMI.



If you don't have a DVI/HDMI port on your laptop - you can only use the VGA output to display content on a TV etc - and only then, just the image.



DVI/HDMI supports both audio/video on the same cable; looks like you might have to update your laptop.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿