2012年4月27日金曜日

Can someone recommend a good PCI Video card that has an HDMI output? Not PCI-E?

I'd like to be able to play 1080P videos so I need at least 512 memory, unfortunately I only have PCI slots. For sure need HDMI output for HDTV.



Thanks|||It is fairly easy to find a cable on Ebay that has DVI and audio connectors on one end and HDMI on the other. This means any 512mb video card with a DVI output ( I'm probably sure you could find a cable with a VGA 15 pin connector instead) can be used in conjunction with the standard audio output of the computer to hook directly into the HDMI port of your HDTV. As far as 512 cards for PCI, they are out there. I found several on Ebay. Several from different vendors on a Google search. Should be do-able for most novice techies anyhow. Hope this eases the task a little.|||I've bought video cards and such off Newegg. Here is a link for PCI cards:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



Nice thing about a site like this is that they have a rating from other people so you can get an idea of how the cards perform from other people that have bought them. The first thing you want to do when installing or upgrading a video card is to make sure you have an adequate power supply. One with enough wattage. Most of the older computers came with pretty weak power supplies. I had a HP Pentium 3 years ago and I put a PCI card in it. Wasn't even that powerful a card. But the computer started shutting off. Turns out the power supply that came with the computer wasn't powerful enough to run with a graphics card in it. I put a more powerful power supply in with more wattage and it was fine after that.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿