2012年4月27日金曜日

Can two SLI video cards be used for 4 separate monitors to output 4 different screens and not one big screes?

I bought 4 monitors which I am putting on a Quad Monitor Mount (two monitors on top of 2). I want each screen to be separated from one another so that when i drag one window to the other screen and maximize it, it only take up the whole space of that particular screen only.



I bought 2 identical SLI video cards. I just learned that SLI allows systems to utilize the power of two identical video cards for a single output display. I think the single output display is not what I want. If that is the case, can these two SLI video cards be used as I mentioned? If so, how can I set it up? Do I not link them together with whatever the cable given to connect them?|||Just put them both into the mobo and DO NOT USE SLI (just do not use the SLI cable) and everything will be good.|||yes. but you can't run the cards in SLI.|||You are exactly right. Just don't set them up in SLI configuration. Don't connect the SLI cable and do not configure SLI. They will then act as two separate video cards, each with no problem controlling two monitors.



I think, but I'm not sure, you can connect the SLI bridge but disable SLI. That will allow you to enable SLI (from the nVidia control panel) when you want to play heavy 3D games and get the extra power.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿