2012年4月26日木曜日

Why doesn't my new graphics card output video?

I just built a new computer and have a 2gig graphics card. I believe it's the Radeon 6950 HD model. I have been using an HDTV as my monitor for the last couple of weeks until I got a regular monitor for Xmas. I had an hdmi cable from my motherboard slot plugged into the tv. Well now this monitor I got doesn't have hdmi so I have to use either VGA or DVI. I plugged dvi into my graphics card slot as my motherboard doesn't have dvi option and the monitor just says no signal input, going to sleep. I have no clue what is going on. I installed the drivers that came with the monitor and got nothing. My graphics card drivers are also up to date. Please don't tell me that my graphics card is bad because that is not the case. It's brand new and runs video games just fine. It's just the video output seems to be disabled or something. Thanks in advance for any help|||The monitor may have a switch for choosing what input to use. Push it and select the DVI input.



Go into CMOS and check if there's a setting to choose between onboard video or video from an add on card. If your computer is set to use onboard video this may explain what you're seeing.



If your card requires an auxiliary power input verify this cable is plugged in and verify your power supply is big enough to supply the card.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿